Bold, colorful makeup is such a huge trend right now but sometimes it can be too much for a regular day. Here is a step-by-step tutorial on my basic, everyday makeup routine. I do this when I want a full face but don’t want to spend too much time on eye shadow or just want to go for a more classic look.
- Pre-Makeup Skin Care: There is no point in putting on makeup if you aren’t going to take care of your skin first! Make sure you are working with clean and moisturized skin because a nice base makes everything you put on top of it even better. Go do your skincare routine right now.
- Primer: Primer is the what keeps your skin in good condition under your makeup and it also helps to make your products look better and last longer. I love the TooFaced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer.
- Powder: I love to swipe some powder on my oily areas (t-zone, under eyes, chin, and ESPECIALLY my nose), this helps to ward off any excess oil that may show through my foundation. I have been using a basic powder that I picked up from the beauty supply store.
- Eyebrows: I outline and fill in my brows with a brow pencil, I have been loving the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso and Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown, and if my brows are being really unruly, I go over them with the wax in the ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark.
- Concealer Around Eyebrows: A key factor in making my eyebrows look good is applying concealer around the shape of them. This cleans up any stray hairs and makes my brows look sharper. I use the LA Girl HD Pro. Conceal in Toffee.
- Foundation: My current favorite foundations are the TooFaced Born This Way in Hazelnut and the Lancome Teit Idol in 530 Suede C. When I am in between shades, not yet at my summer shade but darker than my winter shade, I mix the two foundations and I have perfect shades for every season.
- Highlight & Contour: I love to highlight the high points on my face with my LA Girl Pro. Conceal in Toffee because it gives my face more dimension and highlights my features. I use the shade Mahogany to contour and define my bone structure a little more.
- Mascara/Lashes: My go-to mascara is the TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara and if I am doing a full face I usually wear lashes. The lashes I have been wearing lately are the ELF Flirtatious Luxe Lashes, they are really pretty and look completely natural.
- Blush: I am obsessed with the Donore Cosmetics Dragonberry Royale Lip & Cheek Pod, it adds the perfect amount of color to my face.
- Highlight: I always go in with a highlighter on the tip and bridge of my nose, top of my cheekbones, cupid’s bow, middle of my forehead, and my chin. I choose the color based on the look that I am going for but I love the Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighters.
- Lip: This summer I have been obsessed with lip glosses with high shine, but I am always down for a good matte brown lip.
- Setting Powder: To keep everything looking matte and in place I dash a light setting powder all over, making sure not to use too much so I don’t have any flashback or a weird cast. Right now I use the NYX High Definition Finishing Powder in Banana.
- Setting Spray: I use the Trader Joe’s Rose Water Facial Toner as my setting spray because it gives my skin some extra hydration helping to keep the oil at bay.
I know that was long but hopefully you stayed with me through it all! Do you use any of these products? What are your go-to’s for a full face? Let me know in the comments!