Hey loves! I hope everyone’s year is off to a great start 💜. This is my second unboxing post so keep reading to see what I received for the month of January and my review of the products that I received last month. Remember to use my code [jkkgzs] for $10 off your first Onyx Box making it only $15 for the month!!
The theme for January’s box is: “A Fresh Start!”
Give yourself a makeover and set yourself free! A new year means a fresh start so why not start with your glam? This month’s box features products that will refresh your beauty routine with cruelty free, paraben free, 8-free, silicone free or vegan options. #ONYXFrestStart.
– XO, Delali, Myriam, Chaia & The ONYX Team
The box came with a few extra products this month *swoons*, so here are my thoughts on the products:
- Deco Miami – Nail Lacquer – $12.50
- The nail lacquer is in the shade “Not Your Fortune Teller”, which is a beautiful, imperial purple. The packaging is gorgeous and as we know, purple is my favorite color, so I am excited to try this out. This product is 8-free, TPHP-free, vegan, and cruelty-free so our nails can be popping while we save the earth.
- Laritzy Cosmetics – “Night Blue” Eyeliner – $18
- I have an obsession with eyeliners and this blue black shade is gorgeous. It is cruelty-free and vegan friendly because we are all about saving the animals.
- Ittsē – “St. Tropez” Illuminating Powder – $10
- This is a beautiful, golden highlighter that I am super excited to use. It is paraben-free and adds the perfect amount of shine.
- Curl Keeper – Tweek Hairspray in a Cream Form
- I have naturally curly hair so I tend to stay away from things like hairspray, however this product is geared towards us curlies so I am intrigued as to how it will work. It is described as a curl styling product that is free of drying alcohol and silicones and is supposed to help add volume, bounce, and shine.
- Luxie Beauty – Rose Gold Tapered Highlighting Face Brush – $24
- How fitting is it that I get a new highlighting brush along with a new highlighter! This is a fluffy, tapered brush that is cruelty-free and SUPER soft.
- BONUS – Erin’s Faces – Rose Quench Serum – $60
- As a bonus, they included one of their favorite paraben-free skin must-must haves and it just so happened to be my favorite serum! I fell in love with this serum when I received it in a box last year and was super sad when I ran out. It is made with rosewater for all skin types, cruelty-free, vegan friendly and it smells and feels amazing. Most of my favorite serums have come from my Onyx boxes and it is always great to get an expensive serum AND tons of other products for only $25 a month! [$15 for the first month if you use my code *wink*]
LAST MONTH’S REVIEW
As for last month, here is my quick review on the products. The Iman Cosmetics lipstick is beautiful and feels hydrating unlike many other lipsticks and the Makeup For Ever eye liner works perfectly to line my lash line and is comparable to many other eyeliners. The Manna Kadar Beauty illuminator did not have much of an effect when added to my foundation or when applied directly to the skin, possibly because I did not use enough but as for now it is not a product I will be going back to often. The Leyla Milani Hair brush is FANTASTIC! It can be put up against my Denman brush and works just as well, maybe even better, at detangling my hair and I am so happy that I received it. I do not do my nails often so I did not get to try the ‘Tini Beauty nail lacquer but I’ll update you all when I do!
Let me know in the comments below if you all have tried any of these products! Also feel free to comment on anything that you all would like to see on the blog in the future.