Hi lovelies! A subscription box that I have been subscribing to for a couple of months now is the Onyx Box and it is absolutely AMAZING! It is a curated box for Black women by Black women with tons of products that are meant for Black hair and skin. I have been subscribed since January of this year and I have loved every box that I have received. There are always new skincare products, haircare products, and makeup in each box and it has helped me to discover a ton of new brands and new products that work for me. It is $25 a month [but you can get $10 off your first box with my code [jkkgzs] and you receive $75+ worth of products.
The theme for December’s box is “Issa Celebration!”:
Put on your finest, grab your girls, and straighten your crown…issa celebration! Time to celebrate the highlights of this year and the joy of what is to come. All eyes are on you this holiday season and we’ve got what you need to not just be #Goals but #GOLD. See you next year!
XO, Delali, Myriam, Chaia & The ONYX Team
The box comes with 5 different products, a description about each one and the selling price. Here are my first thoughts on some of the products:
- Iman Cosmetics – Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick – $10
- The lipstick comes in the color “Taboo” and it is a beautiful, rich imperial purple. On first try it applies super smoothly and does not dry my lips out.
- Makeup For Ever – Aqua XL Eye Pencil – $9
- The eyeliner is a black color and with just doing a quick swatch on my hand the color is super dark and applies really smoothly with a precise line.
- Manna Kadar Beauty – Glo Illuminator – $29
- The illuminator is in a rose gold color and with just a quick rub on my hand it does give me a bit of a shimmer. It says you can use it on your face or body, its perfect for all skin types, and it can be mixed with foundation or worn alone. I’m excited to try it with my more matte foundations to see what the results are.
- Leyla Milani Hair – Miracle Brush – $23
- So I tried this brush as soon as I got my box because it was wash day and it detangled my hair so easily. There was no pulling or tugging and it glided through my curls amazingly. It also worked wonders on my synthetic wigs so this brush can be used for ANY hair types.
- ‘Tini Beauty – Nail Lacquer – $10.50
- The nail lacquer came in the color “Accomplice”, a super cute metallic greenish-purple hue. It says it is 5-free, cruelty-free, and vegan, we love a good earth conscience product!
They also sent me a bonus item that was one of 2017’s most requested hair products as a special gift. They sent the Eden Body Works Citrus Fusion Refresher Spray that I raved about in my skin care post. Also included in the box was a $50 gift card to Tamara Mellon, a luxury shoe company, 20% off your entire order at http://www.leylamilanihair.com, and a chance to win new IMAN Cosmetics products.
Every month when I receive my new box I will do an unboxing on the blog and give a short review on the products that I received the month before. I hope you all enjoyed this unboxing and do invest in ONYX box! That’s how I discovered a lot of my favorite *expensive* products, and remember to use my code [jkkgzs]! Are there any subscription boxes that you cannot live without? Let me know in the comments down below!